The Technical Ceramics business of Morgan Advanced Materials has the capability to produce custom alumina and metal braze assemblies, using precious and non-precious metals, from sizes below 1mm to 400mm.
Ceramic to metal brazed assemblies are manufactured providing high mechanical strength and good high voltage electrical insulation. Our brazed assemblies are hermetic, able to maintain ultra high levels of vacuum and joint integrity that is maintained at elevated temperatures in harsh environments.
Materials used in brazed assemblies include:
- Alumina materials – Deranox™ 970, Sintox™ FF and Deranox™ 995
- Conventional brazing materials or active braze alloys (ABA)aero
- Metals - OFHC Copper, Stainless Steels, mild Steels, Monel, Nickel and Titanium
- Glazes for protection or to facilitate cleaning
Typical applications include:
- Mass spectrometry
- Gas detectors
- Microscopes (TEM, SEM)
- Particle accelerators
- Nuclear detectors
- High voltage feedthrough for X-Ray equipment, scanners and imaging applications for medical
- Sensors, satellite propulsion and engine management for aerospace,
- PMTs and power tubesGas lasers
- Deep sea repeaters
- Rechargeable batteries for energy storage
For more information on our range of brazed assemblies and how they can be used in your application, contact us today.